Thursday, October 3, 2013

A month of my life for 70* grands!

This post was hidden somewhere in my blog drafts, dating back to the year 2011 but still making accurate sense, and wording my current state of mind! Stumbling on it today, I felt how true it was and thought of giving it fresh air finally - thus publishing!

All my life - student life, I wanted to be able to earn, to have money that I could call my own, earned and spent! Yes, I am spendthrift at heart & enjoy spending on everything that makes me happy, starting from food and food (fair weight-age) to clothes, entertainment and other luxuries.

I started my job after completing masters and money looked like a bag of extra toffees hidden by someone in the cupboard - delighting and an extra luxury that I could use when did not need it too! I bought all (items topping my wishlist) that I once couldn't afford and simply loved the feeling of being empowered! Life became simpler and much more predictable in th sense that I could decide autonomously about what I needed!
Money is something that never excites me when saved, I love the independence that it gives me, along with a sense of fulfillment and capability. Its a motivation to move ahead in life, take more independent decisions, about everything and feel responsible for them.

The salary cheque always made me doubt if I was worth it, or worth even half, atall! And then I blamed th economy and outsourcing!! I also saw the good part of recession so I know how th economy can virtually throw you out & let you in of your house, irrespective of your capabilities. I went down with th wave & soon enough came up! It was like surfing & coming out at th top in th end to breath! I bought a new AC for my room, an iPhone, numerous gadgets, new clothes, gifts and zillion of things from th money I earned in th past couple of years!

Th point is, was there a stealth cost to th money I earned? Did I end up paying more than I earned? In all truthfulness, I am working because I want to, and probably there is no other seemingly intelligent looking option to lead life, but there are numerous sacrifices that I made and just didn't realise! For th past 2 years, I've spent 30*12 hours a month out of my house, to get that salary I fancy and th rest in planning for those 12 hours! I'm investing th prime months of my life in making great money for my company & some for myslef! I gave up writing, just because I didn't feel like taking it after a long day at work, I gave reading as I hate to read after doing a great deal of reading at work, I struggling with finding time for gyming, thanks to th packed routine! Everyday in th pas 2 years, I've thought about handling work in a better way, being more efficient, more mature, ways of being smarter than my boss... and all th mumbo-jumbo associated with corporate life! And does it end ever?

Today's Addition (2013) - Guess, the circle doesn't end. The most relevant proof being me coming back to my blog after 2 years...! The last two years were again spent in earning more money & spending some more! I just hope that I spend on earning more experiences, traveling the world, trying to be more wise, and eventually make some good sense out of my life's current years - if to be added to my life's story book some years later!




No comments: