Wednesday, December 10, 2008

School Days at their Best... rather put Days at their Best!

This is a small attempt to relive those memories spent in School, th best institution I went to, in my life, so far!
St. Xavier’s School, Rajniwas Marg, Delhi.
Charactors who will feature now & then:
Richa Garg
Kriti Sharma
Prerna Lal (Yours Truly)

It was one of those memorable pre pre-board days in class 10th when we had almost nothing to do in class but FUN, as the entire syllabus was almost taught. It was th time when we spent th entire day together with friends discussing th ongoing link-ups in school to everything that was remotely associated with th upcoming Board Exams! Th days, in a nutshell spelt Pure Fun!
On one such eventful day, we had our 3rd & 4th periods free, which meant, going for break right after th 2nd period! Richa, Kriti & I, visibly elated, thought of finishing out Tiffin early on, and took out all th food in class. Kriti had bought this delicious Chiwda that we planned to take downstairs, Richa some home made usual lunch & I had some sandwiches that I tucked in my hands & all of us left th class, after sitting for some 10 min to eat up Richa’s food.
Th class just opposite ours was of th notorious boys of class 11-E, who left no chance to pass comments on Girls, and one of them incidentally showed some stupid interest in me! As we left th class, came some hooting from th very group of boys that we visibly ignored & smirked at each other! It was now that I, being offended stopped to rudely stare at those guys, while Richa & Kriti kept walking & I was left some 15 sec behind. Realising this, I started moving faster & as soon as I reached th stairs, heavens know why(?!) , all of a sudden I slipped & I fell flat! Flat on th floor! All th sandwiches that I was holding were all over th stairs & I sat on th floor, unhurt & dazed! Richa & Kriti came running towards me, but before they could reach, came someone who dazed me further! I was caught completely unaware! Standing behind me was Mr. Miranda, our vice principal, who had th reputation to be Ultra strict when he wanted to be, and this time he had that look on his face! I kept staring at him without getting up, and then he shouted, “Whose food is this?”. Well, yeah it was confirmed now that he was quite upset with food lying all over th floor & this commotion that we had created right after th second period & to top it, th boys were still hooting in th background, maybe he was coming after hearing their voices & met us in th way!
“Whose Food is this?” It was now that I came to my senses and stood up, unhurt... yeah (un)fortunately. Now before I could say something, coming out of my daze, he shifted his glance over to Kriti. I smiled at her & signalled her to keep quiet. But, for some God forsaken reason, she instead of looking sorry, started giggling! Yes, GIGGLING CONTAGIOUSLY, in front of Mr. Miranda, who was getting mad at us! Kriti Sharma was trying hard to calm herself down but couldn't control & just kept giggling! I stared at her for a second for this outrageous behaviour & then I too burst out laughing, as th entire scene came to my mind in a flash, th last being myself sitting comfortably on th floor for some 30 sec & staring at Mr. Miranda who was shouting! Now Kriti & I kept trying to suppress our laughter, in vein while Mr. Miranda was getting more & more furious, seeing us laugh on his face. That was one moment when I myself couldn’t believe my courage & control my emotions!
We were very strictly asked to follow Mr. Miranda & were made to stand in front of his office. (Oh Shit!) It was now that sense got in & we realised th intensity of what had happened to us. Now, that we were adding to th glamour of his office, I started crying... CRYING CONTAGIOUSLY, and seeing me cry Kriti also started crying. And we sobbed & sobbed for some 5 min before Mr. Miranda came out & said hopelessly, “This is th problem with girls.” And he let us free. We after milling cluelessly for some time, eventually went downstairs & laughed for th entire 2 free periods remembering our outrageous behaviour & th two extreme emotional outbursts!
Ah quite eventful & unforgettable it was!

1 comment:

Jovenus Fitness said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.